• If the deceased animal is a domestic animal (such as a dog or a cat), the animal will be taken to a local veterinary. The vet will take action to contact owners of domestic animals if appropriate and arrangements for disposal can be made with the vet directly.
• If the animal is not a domestic animal (such as a rat, brush tailed possum etc.) and is the size of a chicken or under, it is able to be wrapped in newspaper and put in the red lidded bin (general waste) UNLESS it is the green bin week (green organics waste) and is close to collection day. In this instance, the animal can be put in a compost bag and put in the green bin.
• If the deceased animal is a ring tailed possum or a koala please report it immediately to the Wildlife hotline on (08) 8289 0896 (for possums) or 1300 562 527 (for koalas). Reporting these animals allows support organisations to take appropriate action to maintain the species.
• For more information on injured or deceased animals, please see the links below.
• URGENT matters including imminent danger or hazard are to be called through to City of Burnside on 83664200 for immediate attention.
Your request will be assessed, scheduled and completed within 24 hours. Thank you.
For general enquiries, please refer to Fauna Rescue of South Australia Inc. http://www.faunarescue.org.au/contact.htm
For deceased domestic animals on Council land please submit a request to Council. Requests will be actioned within 24 hours